Additional CAD components

I am using autocad fusion 360 to model additional components.

Here is an animated model of a switch:
 
  And this one is a bit more complicated, a 'stop':
Ryan 3D printed some of the base components for me. Here is the main piece of the 'stop'.

The part is so small that the channels are not very clean. Ryan also said he wouldn't be able to get great resolution on the 1 mm thick moving part. He suggested that we use his CNC to mill them out of wood or plastic instead.

I think my initial design of the 'stop' is too complicated. It would also be nice if all the components would lie flat on a board. My friend Justin drew a picture on a white board that showed a trigger to stop and release marbles. Here, a marble gets stopped on the left channel until a marble comes down the right and hits the trigger, releasing the marble on the left.



I also think I would like to use some micro bearings and maybe machine the moving parts out of aluminum. Also I have been doing some research and I don't think my 'switch' CAD design is good, so I plan to make some alterations or redo it.

Could I machine an entire AND gate out of a wooden board? It has me thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marble Computer Language

Marble Separator Prototype

Initial Musings